New Vacancy - Lighting Designer
Lighting Designer Job Description
1. Preparation and presentation of lighting schemes to Ansell customers utilising PC based software.
2. To Liaise closely with our customers as well as contractors, consultants,
3. engineers and architects to establish the correct specification of lighting onto each enquiry.
4. To identify potential issued with customers’ requirements and to resolve any potential issued with conflicting specifications as well as suitability of required lighting for each application.
a. Utilising various PC software packages including the following;
b. Relux – to produce detailed lighting calculations (main package)
c. AutoCAD – to manipulate floor plans for use with Relux as well as to produce simple layouts and presentations.
d. Adobe Photoshop – to manipulate PDF floor plans and other media (such as site photography) for use with Relux
5. Liaison with sales office who instigate formal scheme quotation, and then generate a ‘lighting scheme package’ under a standardised format in preparation to issue to our customers.
6. Issue completed designs via email to customer base, and revise designs to meet customers exacting requests, and to assist customers to secure orders by value engineering and offering multiple lighting solutions.
7. To take phone calls from our customers assisting them in lighting design enquiries and other relevant issued regarding regulations, lux levels etc.
8. To assist in the preparation and upkeep of the ‘enquiry list’ of projects to be completed for the department as a whole.
9. To assist in the upkeep of physical filing system for the department as a whole.
10. Preparation and presentation of lighting design topics to Area Sales Managers and/or customers.